REFI.com LLC (“REFI”) is committed to ensuring your privacy. We strive to protect the confidentiality of all information provided to us. REFI may track the way visitors use the site, however, that information is used only as generic system information and is not used at an individual level.
TYPES OF INFORMATION
REFI collects Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), information that can identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, and Social Security Number, and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“NPII”), information such as demographic data, data about your online activity, and other information which could not be used to identify you. PII and NPII are known collectively as “Information.”
Information is collected from you when you enter information in connection with an inquiry into our services. This information could be provided via an online form, over the phone, or via other means in which you interact with our services.
Information is collected from third party service providers, such as credit bureaus and service providers who may have data on your financial profile, home, or other demographic information.
We may use information to:
- Deliver the products and services you requested
- Improve customer service
- Improve our website
- Personalize your user experience
- Communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you
- Manage our business
In submitting an inquiry for a loan product or other service provided through this website, you agree that REFI may share your information with lenders and other third parties (“REFI Partners”) which provide services to our consumers in our network to deliver the products and services you requested. Please note that REFI Partners may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services. You should contact them directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices.
We may share your information with vendors that perform certain services on our behalf including, but not limited to, credit bureaus, marketing partners, or entities providing business analysis and/or website or product support.
We may also disclose your information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, self-regulatory body, or other governmental agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of REFI, our users, our employees, or others; or to enforce our website’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction involving REFI, such as a sale of REFI or any entity, brand or division thereof, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- In connection with state and/or federal licensing requirements regarding the reporting of Information contained in the loan inquiries we receive from you. You authorize REFI to obtain any and all required information from the REFI Partners you were matched with in order for REFI to comply with current laws and regulations as well as with any requests from state or federal regulators. This information could include, but is not necessarily limited to, the loan you selected and the terms of the loan you selected.
- We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties in our discretion.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR VERMONT CUSTOMERS
We will not disclose information about your creditworthiness to our affiliates and will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to nonaffiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law unless you authorize us to make those disclosures.
INFORMATION ACCESS AND UPDATES
If you have submitted a loan request with REFI, you can update your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you and use encryption in the transmission of your Information between your system and ours.
No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your Information, we cannot guarantee that your information, searches, or other communication will always remain secure.
This website is governed by the laws of the United States, and is intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States only. We make no representation that the website is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her PII without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected PII from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.